Our Legal Affairs Group provides general counsel on corporate and business law and also designs IP portfolio growth and defense strategies.
We counsel clients in all aspects regarding the creation of an adequate legal structure for their businesses. We accompany them through their growth, competition and change processes. We participate in mergers, acquisitions and other transformations, as well as in the legal requirements that companies face on a daily basis.
When dealing with investments in Argentina and abroad, strategic alliances, joint-ventures or cooperation consortiums, we participate in contract negotiations providing trained, stable and competent negotiators for each task.
We advice our clients on the best way to obtain economic returns from their IP assets. We have vast experience negotiating and drafting all types of related contracts, including licensing, purchase, sale, assignment, technology transfer and franchising agreements.
We enforce our clients’ IP against infringement and defend it against charges from third parties. We are versed in judicial and extrajudicial dispute resolution proceedings and are also proud of our litigation record, having successfully represented our clients in complex cases before local courts. Our legal and scientific background proves to be of invaluable advantage in sophisticated patent cases.
We have a profound knowledge of the special legal frame applying to the main economic activities in Argentina, and advise our clients considering the special features of the market.
When legal actions arise, our attorneys are acute, precise and effective. Our clients trust their experience and knowledge on conflict resolution and their skills for delivering outstanding results.
- General legal advice
- Licensing, purchase, sale, assignment, technology transfer, distribution, and franchising contracts
- R&D agreements
- Defense of rights
- Extrajudicial negotiations
- Judicial actions and dispute resolution
- Corporate engineering
- Reorganizations and restructurings
- Due diligence audits
- Corporate dispute resolution
- Purchase and sale of shares
- Shareholder agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and splits
- Collaboration agreements, temporary unions, joint-ventures, strategic alliances, cooperation consortiums
- Advice on current regulations
- Counsel on filing strategy for product approval and commercialization authorization in Argentina
- Recommendation on clinical trials
- Preparation and presentation of product applications for registration before Health and Administrative Authorities
- Handling of complete administrative procedure up to product approval
- Compliance, registration renewals and maintenance of marketing authorization
- Contract counseling
- Negotiation procedures
- Media and Entertainment
- National co-productions
- International co-productions
- Advertising contracts
- Consumer law
- Antitrust and unfair competition
- Counseling on regulatory compliance
- Administrative procedures
- Acting before all types of public entities and administrative or Federal Justice Courts, including the Supreme Court of Justice
- Diagnosis of the maturity level of the company’s anti-fraud components and of its ethical climate
- Due diligence of suppliers and customers
- Drafting of ethics and conduct code
- Drafting of anti-fraud, anti-corruption, gifts and sanctions policies
- Adjustment of integrity policies to current regulations
- Risk analysis
- Communication and training
- Analysis of contracts in the framework of compliance
- Data protection program
Responsible Business Conduct in Human Rights (HR)
- Reviewing and/or drafting internal policies and assessing internal standards in HR
- Designing strategy for executing the internal and external business policy in HR
- Integrating HR categories with the risk management matrix and integrity programs, including value chain
- Accompanying the design of internal and external communications in Responsible Business Conduct in HR
- Training and education in HR (gender, diversity, disability, etc.)
- Diverse talent recruitment and retention strategies
- Action protocols in different axis (gender, diversity, disability, etc.)
- Advice on inclusive marketing, development of campaigns, sensitization and awareness initiatives
- Organizational diversity and inclusion measurement and survey
María Aurora García